211 Riverside County is available for everyday challenges and during times of crisis and disaster. We work with local partners and government to provide up to date information and connect those in need with available services. If you are in immediate danger or in need of life-saving assistance, call 911.
Disasters can strike at any time, so it’s important to be prepared and have a plan. 211 Riverside County has compiled the following list of resources to help your family best prepare for disaster situations and stay informed.
FIND RECOVERY RESOURCES
Following a disaster, numerous resources are available to assist communities in the recovery process. 211 Riverside County has compiled the following list of resources to support recovery efforts.
- Locate and apply for disaster relief | One stop source for disaster relief services and organizations
- American Red Cross | Recover After a Disaster
- International Relief Team| Disaster Relief
- Samaritan’s Purse | US Disaster Relief
- Community Recovery Team | Coordinates and provides emotional, physical, financial, and spiritual resources to help rebuild the homes and lives of families affected by disasters.
- The Salvation Army | The Salvation Army provides support, training and resources to respond to the needs of those affected by emergencies without discrimination.
- The Red Guide to Recovery | A Resource Handbook for Disaster Survivors.
- Mennonite Disaster Services | Disaster volunteers known for repairing and rebuilding homes damaged by disasters
DISASTER RESPONSE PARTNERS
211 Riverside County serves as the general public’s “hotline” in disaster, providing up-to-the-minute information about shelters, evacuation routes, road closures, volunteering, and more. At the same time, 211 serves the public safety sector with rumor control, trend analysis, and feedback from the public on emerging needs. In fulfilling this mission, 211 eases the burden on 911 whose dispatchers must respond to those in immediate danger.
Upon activation, 211 operates under the County’s Emergency Operations Plan as a partner of the Emergency Management Department. Its operations are supported by the agency’s own Disaster Response Team, a corps of highly trained disaster volunteers. Utilizing the latest technologies, and supported by a collective of affiliated agencies, 211 may assure the public that its disaster services are sustainable and its information current, accurate, and authorized.